Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Waldorf

Today is the kids last day of school, for Z that means an awesome hike to the mountains, and
for I a picnic with her friends, and a potluck for the parents.
I feel so lucky that the kids get to attend Waldorf school, as a former Waldorf child myself I love to watch how it nurtures their creativity and their love of nature, art and music, makes my heart happy, and theirs.
Here is a peek inside their classroom:
silks and fairly crowns, of course

gnomes and dolls with no faces
each child has a basket for their handwork
where else would a boy play in a pink silk cape?

seasonal nature table, just like at home
sewing their own doll blankets

each child is given a mug with an animal symbol, Imani is a swan
making may pole crowns
Zions play, the 12 dancing princesses, so sweet


What will your kids be doing this summer break?
I must admit I have slacked off on the summer camp front, I dont know how we will be keeping occupied, except for endless house work (booring, say the kids)
Happy tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment