Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Abstract art

Yesterday there was a miraculous quiet lull in the day, kids were off  playing, baby was sleeping, and I wandered into the garage and saw a HUGE pile of full paint cans, we really have collected them through the house redo. I saw a theme, many aqua's blues and greens, soothing, I wonder what the need has been for that. I opened all the lids and just sat looking at the thick luscious velvety colors, I wanted so bad to slap them on canvas, or spread them all over my body....
I know nothing of abstract art, but all I can think of is that it must be an artist putting paint down in the pattern of their emotions, their feeling.
and so, already deciding that the outcome would be of no relevance whatsoever, I just PAINTED, just did whatever felt right, oceans and skies somehow appeared on that canvas.









Unexpectedly this found the perfect hanging place in our newly remodeled little bathroom, right above the toilet.
Happy wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment