Thursday, April 28, 2016

Adventures in weaving on a lap loom

This was an ambitious undertaking: as an aficionado of all things wall hanging, 
learning to weave on a lap loom has long been on my list, I finally ordered this lovely maple wood loom and tried my hand. 
Woa, 
is all I can say, I am not a quick learner, and weaving is NOT forgiving, screw up one over under, under over, and you have made one noticeable mistake.
It was probably silly to start my very first weaving with geometric shapes, as they require even more precision, planning and counting (and  math!)
Lets just say my shoulders haven't recovered yet, but I have learned soo many things from this little weave, mostly what not to do.
Onwards! I have started on my second piece already.
Happy thursday





No comments:

Post a Comment