Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Wreaths and things

Every holiday season I find myself thinking sbout wreaths, and what alternative and interesting ways I can make one..and while I love a good evergreen, here are a couple different takes
 
Last year's: kente cloth bows and wooden beads.
 
 This year's: cotton yarn wrapped around a straw wreath, bright and pretty on our door.
 
Other goings on: these beautiful and complicated paper star ornaments I learned to make the other day at my friend Lise's, whew, talk about teaching an old dog new tricks, these sure took long

So worth it!
and lastly, my beautiful Amaryllis bulb is already blooming, it was supposed to be in time for xmas, but we are enjoying it non the less.

Happy thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Those stars are amazing-SHEESH- I love the wreath, great post, always a joy my dear....yay for sunshine and you!

    ReplyDelete