Friday, August 9, 2013

DIY patio upgrade

This was our side patio  when we first moved in....
nothing much to love there except the baby and the kitten.

Grey rough colorless cement.
There is nothing quite as ugly I think, Bob Marley put it perfectly
when he called it a CONCRETE JUNGLE


I started by painting the whole thing blue, with a cement epoxy turquoise paint.
I wish I was better at documenting my process, but i have limited time, home alone with 3 little ones,
and I doubt myself all the way til the very end result.
After painting I stenciled it:

these  turned out very cool


Imani pretends she is on a Grecian isle.....
the kitty likes it too
And there you have it,
 a patio that I actually love to look at, and be on, and it is easily cleanable by spraying it with the hose if it gets muddy.


No comments:

Post a Comment