Monday, September 2, 2013

Summer and paint wars

I feel that so much of the emphasis with children is keeping clean, containing themselves, following rules, behaving, being quiet, and again keeping clean, themselves and our spaces.
I dreamed all summer of letting them have at it with a really fun messy project that would feel freeing and inspiring.















They painted themselves, each other, the grass, the sheet canvas I hung up for them, their hair, then they just flat out threw paint at each other.
It was fun, it was messy, it was beautiful.
I love color.
 My camera's battery died half way through, i missed some amazing moments.
We came home , took long showers and went to bed.

Was this a "kids and colors" moment or what?
truly title blogworthy.
Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment