Friday, June 13, 2014

Making pillows and tassels

Well, I have spent about two days on these, far more then the recommended quota for crafting in my book, pretty much two whole mornings, thats when I ask myself why exactly am I making, instead of just buying? maybe because the inspiration for these pillows (that I was coveting) from Anthropologie were about 58$ apiece ? I kind of know why now, after all the sweat I put into mine.
Sturdier cotton canvas in a modern orange/red color (not conveyed well in this first pic)
hours of handmade tassels:

ta-da! let me shower you with 200 photos of them now
they will probably reside here, on our flea market  vintage wicker love seat, that is bound with actual cat gut

re-enforced seams and the tassels sewn on extra tight, because they will probably also be used for pillow fights, forts and naps

The end
now let me get back to the task at hand, organizing Imani's 7th (gasp) birthday party TOMORROW!
Happy Friday




No comments:

Post a Comment