Saturday, October 10, 2015

Wooden block houses. New addition to the shop!

Whew,
I have not been on here forever, sorry guys.
I have been working away on different facets of things, trying to build stock for some upcoming fairs, working on orders and coming up with prototypes for new things. 
Oh, and parenting three different and equally demanding little children. 
These darling blocks are a collaborative effort between myself, my cousin Emiliano who cut down giant fence posts to size (who knew no lumberyard sell wood in the right sizes for children's blocks? duh) and my kind husband who expertly cut them down to all these different shapes and sizes.
AND  my children who were forced to sand them smooth in exchange for playdates, and finally  myself who painted all the little roofs and finished them with a delicious smelling natural beeswax and orange oil varnish.
They are sold as a set of five per order, each set contains blocks in different shapes and sizes,and in your choice of warm or cool colors. 
They come ready to be played with, stored in a little cotton muslin bag with bright handmade tassels!
Perfect for train tables, imaginative play, building little villages, stacking as house, nursery or child's room decor. They are soft and smooth, and truly beautiful.

Find them:
 HERE for the cool colors
and HERE for the warm














Happy weekend


1 comment:

  1. Oh I love the little houses! and the trees! So wonderful together!

    ReplyDelete