Thursday, March 7, 2013

Signs of spring


Slowly but surely,small whispers of springtime are happening around us, here Imani finds an old robin's nest at school
(robins never re-use their nests from one year to another!)
We have planted our easter grass, 
the kids painted their own little wooden boxes, each for their own grass

I took a needle felting class, and made this little bird, I 
would love to make a whole flock of them, to hang from a branch
undeniable signs of spring, the first crocus, and daffodils on their way'
little green buds, unfurling amongst last years brown
more daffodils
baby M takes advantage of the unseasonably warm day to practice standing up
on a wagon

Not to be fooled though:
the day calls for a huge snowstorm!
March snows are good, fast wet and slushy,
they melt fast.

Happy friday

2 comments:

  1. Malawi thinks he is the Bee's Knees. I rather agree.....I wants to kiss him bad. Bless all the spring chicks, and their Mama too....Hurrrah for spring snows...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Ta-Da! arm spread of Malawi's. Like Look I am standing up!

    Yay for daffodils! We have them here, spring is coming.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete