Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Building a backsplash

My lovely aunt and her husband are also potters, they have this great little studio where they spend their days making beautiful and unique pottery. (check them out HERE)
I got the brilliant idea to make my own tiles for my kitchen backsplash here.
It involved setting up other arrangements for baby M for the morning.
(can you imagine baby M and all those pots of colors?? I can't)




here are my unglazed tiles, I was going for a  very loose, easy abstract motif, using only 3 colors
not a great representation of the colors, but here are some of them glazed and just out of the kiln.
I taped them to the wall to see how they will look.
Now use your imagination here with me, and picture my lovely backsplash, with no more metal cup holder,  no more cream formica counter top (it will be maple butcher block in a few weeks) and white tiles mixed in


I love that my kids know that I MADE THESE,
that is very cool in their minds you see.
Stay tuned for the great kitchen unveil coming soon.
Have a great Tuesday!





2 comments:

  1. oh Lucia you do inspire me in all sorts of ways I'll never be able to articulate! xxx

    ReplyDelete