Wednesday, November 13, 2013

This boy

My whole life, my favorite demographic has been teenage boys, am I weird?
 yup.
I just can really relate and vibe with them for some reason, should have been a counselor.
Oddly, as we are beginning to navigate the 9 year change ( you can read more about that HERE)
I feel somewhat hopeful, and fuller then ever of love for this beautiful
boy.










Yesterday a wild boy game got even wilder and out of control.
It may have involved a nerf gun (yes, our child now owns one of these, please don't ask)
It may have involved Malawi,
It may have involved someone accidentally shot in the face.
It may have involved a mother losing her cool and lots of yelling and screaming ensuing.
It may have involved that same mother feeling terrible about it all evening.

Z's response,posted to my wall this morning, while i was asleep

Thank Goodness for the resilience of children, and the forgiveness we have for each other in families
and the fact that my boy can write me, which tickles me immensely.
Thank goodness for my firstborn, whom my heart so adores.
Happy Wednesday!



2 comments:

  1. That is interesting about the 9 years... we will be doing that soon too! Although reading that page it sounds like Carl is already doing most of that... I love teenagers too, which does give one hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love his teeth .He is such a soul, it shines out of his honest and tender eyes

    ReplyDelete