Sunday, April 20, 2014

Family and why we came here.

I grew up in a big family on our mothers side, but hardly any on our fathers who was an only child,with his parents estranged from most of their extended family. 
I remember longing for paternal cousins, and feeling lonely being the only children at gatherings and holidays with them.
I feel blessed that my children have VERY LARGE, very tight knit families on both sides! it is essential for me, for us, that they know and feel a part of these clans in different parts of the world.
Since most, but not all got together over the Easter holiday, I made it my mission to capture as many of them as I could
This new baby boy has made Steve's mother a great grandmother

Aunt Madi braiding Imani
I had to get these girls in color, too vibrant
Here we all are, not really though, as there are 11 PEOPLE MISSING, can you imagine how big this family really is !!?

here I am too, out of all these 7 siblings with children I am the only "outsider" 
my little copper colored children infiltrating the family and carrying on the family name

Hurray for family!
have a lovely weekend


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You'll be glad you took these photos!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. And such gorgeous copper-colored children too. See you soon, darling.

    ReplyDelete