Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Hybrid vigour

Also called Heterozygote Advantage, is of course the scientific notion that plants/animals/humans from opposing genetic backgrounds,combined create a much stronger, healthier resilient species.
When I look at baby M I cant help but see all the races of people that flow together to create this little being.
From the straight black hair and dark almond shaped eyes of his Guaymi indian grandmother, to the roundness of his lips and nose from his afro-carribbean grandfather, to the traces of italian, russian and Jewish,
 he is, as my sister says "simply exotic"
We call him the little indian around here, 
and we love him to death.


Someday he might really resent me for that haircut, but for now he looks like a native little Lord Fauntleroy and I love it.
Happy Wednesday



No comments:

Post a Comment