Thursday, January 8, 2015

Malawi, 3 years

3 years ago I didnt take many pictures, and was in possession solely of a little point and shoot camera, which  I am so grateful I had.
This photo was taken the day before I went into labour with him, standing in our tiny kitchen.

I know we all believe our births to have been magical an prophetic, and certainly they are, but the day of M's birth, the night really, felt so powerful and auspicious, the sky was doing wild things
there was the most gigantic full moon in cancer
The actual photos of his birth I cannot share here, though i treasure them deeply, and revisit them often, like last night with the children.

Sadly it was a couple of days before  his daddy finally got to hold little M, I love how he fits in his one hand
he had the most beautiful head of hair
his bewildered siblings visited for the first time
and his grandma held him
Steves face.
we finally got him home.

Baby M spent an entire week, sunday to sunday in the NICU, 

Contrary to other parents experiences, where they believe the hospital and staff were "saving their baby" and "doing all they could" we felt trapped in a system based on fear of malpractice, overcaution and medical bureaucracy, but that is another story....

Our lives truly started once we took him safely home.

Every child adds something to this world, and comes neatly wrapped in a package of lessons, challenges and gifts, every child of mine has stretched me and taught me things i needed to know, challenged and delighted me, but baby M's legacy has been pure love, its as if the universe dropped the most rounded little being into our laps and said "here, go ahead, love him and be loved back".
Thats it, 
there has been nothing else.
I still worry that we wont get to keep him.

So here's to 3 joy filled years, chin chin, happy born day baby M.







No comments:

Post a Comment