Thursday, August 6, 2015

A wednesday morning: because pictures tell a story

I always want to remember this morning:
You woke up early, earlier then anyone else. We crept downstairs after nursing (yes we still do that, mornings and naptime) You asked me to tie on your bandanna so you could "look like a pirate", 
it is actually a napkin from world market but it works.
You are sitting in the spot daddy used to sit, before Imani decided to re-arrange everyones seats one day, and now this is yours. The orange highchair we found in an alley, we repainted it for you when you were in my belly. I dread the day you will be too big to use it.
You are wearing green fabric prayer bracelets tied on your wrists, a gift from Salvador Bahia, that our good brazilian friends brought you last week.
After your sausage you wanted a mango, just like daddy, the Caribbean blood doesn't lie.
Your nose was runny.
here you are saying your tummy hurt after

It was a good day, a tiring full day,
that I am grateful to have spent with my loved ones
I know even in a month from now my no longer sharp mothers brain will hardly remember any of these details, of this quiet fleeting morning we spent together when it was summer, 
 and you were 3 years, 6 months and 28 days old.

but these photos...

Happy thursday




No comments:

Post a Comment