Thursday, February 21, 2013

Just One Of Those Days

Yesterday was just one of those days, when there is no flow at all,
when my kids wake up bickering before the sun has fully risen, and continue to fight, argue, nag pester squabble harass torment wrestle bother and annoy each other ALL DAY LONG.
A day when the baby has his oh, I dont know, 14th cold of the season? and has snot just running down his face all day long,  and an ugly hacking cough,  assuring me I will be in for another brutally sleepless night.
A day when the weather hangs grey and heavy, waiting for snow that isn't coming, and I have stopped believing there will ever be anything living and green outside ever again.
A day when I ask myself over and over why we arn't jumping ship and moving to my husbands little green island in the sun (although on most good days I know the answer to this query)
A day when in response to Zion asking me if he can spend his entire day playing wildkratts on my computer he writes me THIS on a pretty Valentine, lol

can you see the tiny scratched "I hate you" on his pretty Valentine? good times.....
Then something shifted, mainly in hubby arriving home from work, and the pretty white snowflakes starting to come down, and me escaping to Target where I shopped my cares away, and then home again for a cozy dinner with the snowflakes swirling down, and then my lovely wonderful children
 FINALLY WENT TO SLEEP.
AAh, hubby and me movie time, peaceful and quiet, except wait! 
I hear the baby coughing and wailing in the other room......
Happy thursday



1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I know those days.... they seem like they will NEVER end, but then they do, and dinner time comes, and someone pours wine and there is food and the promise of sleep. This too shall pass, but it is mighty painful and oh so aggravating in the meantime. And Carl has no one to argue with except me!

    ReplyDelete