Monday, September 15, 2014

House plants and creating an indoor jungle

A friend checked in with me lately, and asked me what i've been up to.
I felt kind of sheepish when I responded:
"adding lots of houseplants to our house" !. But seriously, that is how I roll, one day I wake up and decide really there should be a lot more green things growing indoors, and thats just what happened.
I took some time to really research plants that are hardy and can handle low light, and more time potting in good soil, painting and decoupaging pots, and having hubby build shelves, and there you have it, 
what I've been up to.

this is in our master bathroom, a shelf was since built for them over the toilet
playroom

I also completaly re-arranged the playroom, and got rid of about a million old toys, after hearing a talk on simplicity parenting

dining room, these babies have been here a while
this gorgeous palm is new, living room
and flowers from the garden

The truth bout a vibrant home, one that is truly keeping up with your families needs, is a home that is ever changing, that is acquiring, reducing, changing colors, bedding, artwork, and decor with the seasons.
 That is a living breathing home, and it is a LOT of work to keep up with, to not let things get stagnant, and pile up. Inanimate objects require a lot of energy, so have less!
I will be taking a giant load to the goodwill today.
Have a plant filled and clutter free day!



1 comment:

  1. I am in constant awe of your ability to make your home sparkle! Mine is for sure stagnant and does not get as much love as yours!

    ReplyDelete