Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Japanese waves

I have art on my to do lists, literally: things I want to make, things i want to try and make, 
finding time for art is the hardest because I need some kid of focus and concentration, and those are hard things to come by with a 2 year old, and two other children to boot.
Yesterday an 11 year old babysitter more or less fell from the sky, I took it! and among phone calls I needed to make, errands and housecleaning I managed to knock out this little japanese wave painting.
I love my sunroom/summer art studio, and i love japanese waves, one of the most mesmorizing repeating patterns
taping off my canvas
this is an oil based sharpie paint pen, and if you have not tried one yet they are pricey, and AMAZING.
I had help

I held it up and asked Malawi "what is this?"
and without missing a beat he squealed: "the ocean! and a BIG ship!"
Success.
Happy Tuesday


No comments:

Post a Comment