Sunday, October 5, 2014

Making her own dolls

I saw something similar a while ago and it really inspired me, children's creations brought to life in fabric 3d!
  We had a peaceful mellow weekend, and the timing felt right for Imani to make herself some dolls to hold.
Fabric markers and white canvas fabric, 
choosing the fabric for the backing
turning her inside out and sewing her up, harder then it looks, especially with narrow spindly arms
here are her two lady's, an indian and an african girl!
I think Imani's free hand interpretation of "african fabric" on the girl on the left, is pretty impressive, if i may say so myself
then she painted more aspen tree's

I love this project, 
I think it is thrilling and satisfying for children to be able to "bring to life" one of their artistic creations, or cuddle them at least!
Zion wants to make some monsters or outer space creatures soon, so stay tuned for more.
Happy monday


No comments:

Post a Comment