Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Wool and wood xmas trees

I have a thing about art and handmades, I like them to be real, funky, heartfelt, and to feel and look truly handmade,
because or else, whats the point? 
I mean the availability of beautiful glossy things to buy is endless, if thats what you're going for.
I was flipping through Martha Stewart magazine and she gives detailed instructions on how to make the prettiest glossiest, most materially expensive Store Bought  looking wreaths, decorations etcc.
It did not turn me on.
I want rustic homey projects my kids can participate in too, that will be enhanced by, rather then ruined by their messy little earnest mistakes.
 So there, miss Opinionated Me.

In that spirit, I give you crochet alpaca xmas trees!
 I had hubby cut the bases for me









Wabi-sabi:
In the imperfection, appears the perfection.
Have a lovely wednesday


1 comment: