Monday, December 2, 2013

Weekend recap

We had a hard weekend. 
Post holiday post birthdays letdown, grandma leaving town again,
day 5 of the kids home with no school, and nothing to do...
mostly two parents who would have happily given a limb to 
REST. 
Sit in their pjamas and watch football from sunup to sundown, (one of them)
and  movies in bed all day (the other)
alas the squabbling, needs,messes, boredom, chaos and incredible heaviness of the kids was right there waiting for us.
Some days are just excruciating, try as might, things just suck, we suck.
yesterday was one of them.
Here are the few highlights of the weekend:
Imani built fairy gardens in the backyard




And chalk mermaids in the driveway




Imani and Malawi camped out in their "fort" (that counted for exactly 26 minutes of calm,
I timed it)

And not pictured here:
I locked myself in my car and talked on the phone to my best girl friend in Panama for about an hour,
interrupted every 5 minutes by her loud and cheerful greetings and banter to half the town as she walked along, boy did it make me realize how lonely and isolated we were here, on a 
sunday evening,
trapped in suburbia.

Today is a new day!
never was I more glad to pack the little ones off to school.
Happy Monday


1 comment:

  1. Some weekends are like that.. and Monday is a blessing!

    ReplyDelete