Monday, December 16, 2013

Meeting him half way, aka riding go-carts with my son



Imani is the child that requires me to have the most patience,
but Zion is the one that forces me to stretch the most, to grow for him, to become his biggest, and best advocate.
After a serious fail on my part last week, a place in which i really did not show up for him as I should have, 
I stayed up late and did some soul searching.
 One thing I realized, and that was expressed to me so well by him too, is that I am not that FUN mom, that mom that drops all the should do's and takes him to do something for the pure pleasure of it, just him and I.
I heard, and listened.
It was fun, it was tiring, it definitely threw off all the plans and schedule for that day, 
but I met this kid half way, and he thanked me for it ever so sweetly.
The numbers of  days for these kinds of things truly are numbered, if you think about it in the giant book of life,
so play too
and do your best by, and for your kids.
 I am certain it will pay off someday.


No comments:

Post a Comment