Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Handmade custom order wool pompom rug and a gorgeous baby to lie on it

I made this rug as a special order for a dear friend that had fellen in love with something similar on Pinterest.
Suffice to say i will be just fine if I never, ever see or hear about a pompom rug again!
Like many crafts and handmades I get myself into, I had no idea just how many pompoms are needed to fill out a fluffy rug, and just how much wool goes into one single pompom. 'Nuf said.
While I was sitting winding wool and shaping pompoms, I kept thinking of this baby for some reason, gorgeous little Sudanese baby Aaliya, who is 6 months old. She was my muse for it,and her  lovely mama was good enough to let me snap her laying on it.
Luckily it is going to belong to an equally lovely little girl.


Have a wonderful wednesday


No comments:

Post a Comment