Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Happy birthday Imani: 8



As happy and proud I am of you growing up and finding your wings,
tonight there is also unspeakable grief.
How did 8 years fly us by?
It is so true what they say,
the days are long but the years are short.
Somehow I kept thinking you would always be my little curly headed toddler,
spinning around barefoot, full of mischief and creativity, never sitting still,
Quick with a hug and a giggle and a tantrum.
But you are on your way to womanhood now, growing up lithe and graceful, polite and sensitive, still with your little meltdowns, but
learning new things every day.

To my only daughter,
I wish for you:
love
safety and comfort
creativity
~ empowerment ~
independence
strength
joy
and happiness.

 always, and forever and ever,
your loving mama.





No comments:

Post a Comment