Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Imani's pool day birthday

Year after year Imani's birthday has had a "theme" 
there has been a pink party by a creek with everything pink, a yellow one by a park, a mermaid one over the sea in Panama, an everything gold and sparkly on aunt Thea's farm, and an "Indian" one here in our new yard.
After the aforementioned  Indian one, which was complete with a  beautiful fabric tent, handmade banners, crafts for the kids and everything pretty, she said :
"mom, next year can I just have a bouncy castle and a King Soopers sheet cake?
So there you have it, all my handmade wonder and pretty things no longer wanted .
This year we had it at our little neighborhood pool, the most I did was make paper garlands, her grandpa's bakery made the cake.
It was not a particularly pretty party, and I ordered the kids domino's pizza.
They all splashed and played and ate the non healthy food and a blast was had by all.
Sometimes you need to learn to pick your battles, because at the end of the day she said :
"that was the best birthday ever!"
and there you have it, a win.


1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel (at least, maybe I do). For several summers, I would take my oldest daughter traveling. She learned to surf, play on the beach all day, make new friends, and so on. One summer, she just looked at me and said, "Mom, can I have a normal American summer?" My heart sank a little.

    ReplyDelete