Monday, June 1, 2015

Weekend roundup

I have been using my phone to photograph more and more, and really its become a discipline to bring out the bulky camera,  one that I worked on a bit this weekend, amid the gazillion of small things that otherwise took up our time.
I have decided that as an artist, wife and mother of 3 young children all there are are fleeting moments of beauty,I look over amid the bustle and something catches my eye, a composition, a detail, a juxtaposition of patterns, a gradation of colors, a stream of light.
Here are a few randoms from our weekend, that was spent mostly home, where else?

I love that we have a free open art table, because the kids will grab a paper and just draw, or paint, then run off to something else.I find the treasures later
I caption this"fatigue"
our first garden salad happened
 re vamping the patio
Zi brought home is crochet project from school, wow his color choices, the shape, everything, so gorgeous. How proud am I??
then him and his dad made a wooden gun thingy, less proud, but boys will be boys?
malawi and Imani played and played and played, i loved that this was a mama (white) with a baby (brown) as paired by the mind of sweet little malawi and his dirty fingers
just a girl in her pj's picking flowers
her flower pot, every year I let her choose her flowers and plant two pots
sorry neighbors, i think some of your peonies may have ended up being part of the "pink flower macaroni, pink kale salad, pink cake,pink chicken etc meal the kids prepared me
green onion,how beautiful
present for a baby shower (I guess we did leave the house)
I worked on this dreamcatcher while M napped, not sure why the colors are so drab (they're really not!) couldn't get it to photograph well
mola mask from Panama, a crab
the cousins had some sprinkler fun in the sun
finished planting the garden, made a bamboo trellis for the beans

Happy monday, last week of school!
she says pulling out her hair...



No comments:

Post a Comment