Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Panama City

Woke up late, 
all 5 of us, after sleeping like rocks, a fatigue beyond words, 
to this view of P. City, one of my favorite cities on earth, I'm not sure I am able to describe in words why exactly i have such a love affair with it, hubby doesnt share it, and prefers to just pass through,
all i know is I love roaming its streets, absorbing its animated life, women selling lottery tickets, brown babies with darling faces and broached little curls, fruit stands, cell phone repair stands, tiny tables with women selling single candies and newspapers, coconut water stands, sold ice cold by the cup, traffic and noise, grime, colorful Kuna women with bead covered legs, I love it all,
 I am exhilarated walking through so much beautiful humanity.

It was a blue skyes, and characteristically HOT day
thanks goodness for our cool rooftop pool, and no, this isnt some swanky place, most hotels in the city have these great rooftop pools, the better the hotel, the cleaner the pool! lol
just a random watermelon plant growing from a potted palm, what DOESN'T grow here
 I ask you
these beautiful mosaic tiles, I was thinking today, why is it  so hard for me to find beauty all around me like I do here, when I'm in Longmont CO, 
what gives? 
gorgeous mango tree in the park
basically pretty much what we came here for:
mangoes with vinegar salt and black pepper, sold in a bag for fitty cent, heaven
and these tiny plums with the same sauce
Isnt it a sign of a greatly kind and civil society that there are little stands to get your feet cared for?
this photo moves me
herbal and plant medicine stand
Piba, or peach palm fruit, starchy and nutty and boiled with salt, another reason to come here
 "tama tama" those green pods in the front,  just dont die unless you have tried them at least once, they are soft pink pillows of cloud juice, no other way to describe them
more peach palm fruits, the colors alone, reason enough to eat them
mango's and guanabana, or soursop fruit, rumored to be cancer fighting, and so delicious
I ♥ avocado's
a Kuna woman's amazing beads and clothing

It was HOT, like hellfire hot, and humid, Imani wilting
diablo rojo. red devil
city bus,a very tame one, usually they are wildly painted, loud and reckless
hot, overwhelmed, a bit in culture shock, exhausted but serene, 
and behind my family: a yellow building, just a random entirely yellow building, 
it makes me happy.
Am I living in the wrong place?
And we made it onto our puddle jumper, 5 suitcases and all
It was tough to have my camera out in the city, I like to slip in and out and all about,blending in as much as I can, agile and swift, with no purse, 
with the camera I turned into "conspicuous turist woman"
and there were so many things and people I would have liked to have captured, but did not want to disturb or offend.

Next up, stay tuned for:
adventured in returning home~



No comments:

Post a Comment